What we cover
This warranty covers Ettinger items bought from authorised retailers that may present a manufacturing or materials defect under normal conditions of use:
- Stitching failures
- Assembly defects
- Material failures (abnormal ageing, abnormal deterioration etc.)
- Metal fittings' defects (press studs not working, locks and hinges loosening, hooks and rings breaking, etc.)
These are just a few examples, each case will be assessed individually and this warranty does not cover normal wear and tear. Depending on the items and the problem at hand, we will either repair or replace the item.
What we don't cover
- General wear and tear
- Damages caused by accident
- Alterations made to the original product by any third parties
- Any disregard to product care instructions
- General neglect through use
- The natural ageing process specific to each leather or material, including patination and burnishing (please refer to each leather description for more details on their specific finishes and ageing properties, view them here)
We cannot take responsibility for any loss or inconvenience caused by the faulty item or by its repair/replacement process, nor can we supply temporary replacement items while the faulty item is with us.
How to make a warranty claim
Despite the care we put into making and quality-controlling our items throughout the manufacturing process, very occasionally, some things can be missed or problems can arise through use. In these circumstances, please do get in touch as follows:
- Send us an email with pictures detailing the issues, if you can.
- Please provide us with the place, month/year of purchase.
- We will get in touch with you to get more information and decide with you the possible outcome.
- We may ask for the item to be sent to our factory for further inspection and agree on the nature of the fault.
- Please do not send us the faulty items without us requesting this first.
- We may, dependent on the type of fault, offer to collect the faulty items or ask you to send us the items you wish us to repair. Please refer to our full terms and conditions for further details.
- Once the factory has assessed the item and the fault is seen to be due to a manufacturing or materials defect we will offer to repair the item where possible and if this is deemed impossible, and only in this case, to replace the item with the same or equivalent item as may be available at the time.
- If, however, the items present issues beyond the problems covered by this warranty, we will discuss any further repairs to be carried out, potentially at extra cost.
- No work shall be carried out without full written consent from both parties.
- We aim to carry out any repairs within 6 weeks of receiving the goods, subject to agreement.
- The repaired or replaced items will be sent back at our cost, at an agreed time.